Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 2

Stefan requested I and Serena provide vocals for his cover of "Cater 2" by Destiny's Child.

He re-arranged the r&b ballad into a soft, acoustic style. He had already recorded a guitar instrumental in a lower key than the original, which is sung by three women, with the highest note being a soaring soprano C (C6).

We agreed that Stefan would take the first verse, originally sung by Beyoncé
 Knowles, Serena the second (Kelly Rowland's) and I, the third (Michelle Williams').

Stefan first recorded his lead vocal for the first verse and chorus. I then recorded some backing vocals for his verse and harmonised with his lead vocal on the chorus.

I also recorded my verse, before adding backing vocals, harmonies and ad-libs to add depth to the lyrics and make the verse more interesting.

Me and Stefan recorded each chorus seperately, as oposed to simply copying and pasting the first chorus for the remaining choruses. I feel though it was more time consuming it gives the recording a more authentic, acoustic sound.

To speed up the recording process we alternated working on Logic, so whilst he was singing, I would record it and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment